Helps developers to modify their hosts more easily
Hosts Editor is a free and open source editor for hosts files for Android devices.
Before we dive in, we need to point out that this is an advanced tool that should only be used by developers and power users that understand what they’re doing. That being said, this application requires full SU or administrative privileges on your phone or tablet to work.
Hosts Editor is hands-down one of the best hosts editors for Android. Designed by developers for developers, you’ll be able to block and re-route remote servers to localhost. This can help you block ads right from your phone, test your software remotely or test servers on your phone.
Did we mention this is a 100% free, open source app with no ads? It is, meaning it runs fast and light just like a proper Hosts Editor should. This app also boasts support for symlinks and supports both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses.
In the end if you’re looking for a good editor for Hosts files on Android, this is your best bet.
- One of the Best Hosts Editors for Android With almost 10,000,000 installs the world over, this is one of the best in not the best editors for hosts files.
- 100% Free, Ad-Free and Open Source You won’t find any ads, just a free, open source app designed to match the dark and simple Holo theme.
- Full Support for IPv6 Yes, really.
- Only Works on Rooted Devices To modify your Hosts file you’ll need administrative privileges; without those this app simply won’t work.
- This is Not a Tool for Beginners This app is not for beginners – you could make your app unusable if you don’t know what you’re doing. Make sure to back up your original hosts file prior to editing.
Add support for Android L
Increase heap memory in application to prevent some issues when having a HUGE hosts file